Now that winter has arrived, the mice have headed our way (we are surrounded mostly by fields) I noticed mice droppings in the feeder this morning! I'm not sure how they are getting in there, the coops is raised off the ground and the pop door is closed most nights. It's not a very large coop, enough room for the 3 girls, so I thought they would not put up with someone eating their food, but I am a newbie so I could be mistaken. The feeder is a gravity feeder my husband built and is attached to the wall, raised to beak level for less spillage. How to remedy this? Should I empty out the feeder and start fresh? Is there any way to trap the mice inside the coop? All I have around are the snap-traps for the garage. Can the chickens get sick from ingesting droppings, and can we get sick from the eggs from a hen who has ingested droppings? Thanks!