Mice have invaded my coops.

sandy sea

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Rogersville MO
I had put some insulation panels on top of a shelf in my pig barn. I moved the panels today and a ton of small mice came running out. I have seem mice in the chicken coop a few times, but nothing like the nest under the panels. I do not leave any pig or chicken feed open. I did use some grass hay for bedding for the pigs. I was thinking of getting a couple of cats or kittens to help catch the mice in the coop and barn. Do cats go after the chickens or chicks? What should I try?

The chickens will eat the mice if they can get at them. And if they have a good predatory drive. My chickens will catch and eat mice.

Cats will go after chicks but most cats will not bother an adult chicken. The cats don't touch my chicks when they're with their mother as she has kicked the butt of any cat, dog or other hen that gets near them. Haven't had a problem with cats and chicls past 5 weeks old.

I had put some insulation panels on top of a shelf in my pig barn. I moved the panels today and a ton of small mice came running out. I have seem mice in the chicken coop a few times, but nothing like the nest under the panels. I do not leave any pig or chicken feed open. I did use some grass hay for bedding for the pigs. I was thinking of getting a couple of cats or kittens to help catch the mice in the coop and barn. Do cats go after the chickens or chicks? What should I try?
I haven't tried this yet, but it looks really promising...

Back
Top Bottom