I really don't want to resort to using poison in our home, but we've been around and around our house and filled every hole and crack and we still have a mouse or two running around. My sister, who lives on her own homestead about two hours away, said the only thing they could get rid of the mice with was a mouse poison that the mouse had to go into to eat - placed outside the house. Has anyone used these types of contraptions around free range chickens? Our hens love to come onto our porches and such.... I'm just worried about the possibility of a hen getting poisoned. Thoughts, please?