mice

bucky1198

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
colorado
I was watching my chickens in the garden and I noticed one of them running and the others chasing her when I took a close look at what she had it was a mouse dead I guess she did it I got the mouse away from her a thew it away. She followed me all the way to the trash can want nothing more than to eat it. Is there any risk to them eating mice I have never seen them in ther feed or coop but with the grasshoppers that are eating garden I have been putting them in there to help with the grasshoppers but if they found one mouse I'm sure there is more.

I always let mine eat them and if I find any 'pinkys' I give them to the birds...they love them
sickbyc.gif

I watched some of my bigger chickens catch a mouse, it was like watching a rugby game.

I figure for every mouse you see them get there are probably quiet a few more you don' see them get.

Yuck! I don't like mice! If you use poison and the chickens get the mouse- its going to hurt the chicken! I think my cats are going to start living in the coop at night!

There is no harm in them eating mice. I have heard people share stories of chickens eating lizards, frogs and even small snakes.

My hens eat mice all the time. Protein is good for them. (I wouldn't leave out any rat posions, just in case. They are going likely going to eat the mice whether or see them do it or not)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom