Michael from Mojave, CA

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by glassparman, Nov 26, 2008.

1. glassparman

glassparman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Mojave, CA
    Well I've been hanging out here on the site for a few months now. I'm having a lot of fun and really appreciate all the information people have to offer.

I'm 45-ish, born and raised in the Los Angeles area . . . something that I'm not too proud of and have lived in the Mojave area in the Desert for about 22 years.

I'm a U.S. Army Veteran, a husband of a loving wife and the proud father of 3 great kids to include an "over-40" surprise - my 5 year old daughter.

I'm a computer geek and love living on my modest 3 acre ranch with Chickens, Turkeys, Boer Goats, Dogs and dirty kids. We are in the boonies and only have one neighbor within a 1/4 mile of us.

Family life is much better on a small ranch. We did the city living but it got to the point of too much gang activity, noise, weirdo’s and all that stuff.

That's about it but I just have to show off my little girl. Having her has taught me much about tenderness and compassion.

[​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Howdy Neighbor. I mean we are not THAT close, but close enough! We wish we were way out in the boonies, but we have to work, soooo.... We have chickens, dogs, cats, rabbits. And teenagers. [​IMG]

4. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG]

5. glassparman

glassparman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2008
    Mojave, CA
    Quote:Thanks for the welcome. I used to come out to that National Guard facility out there after I got out of the ARMY. Have not been out to the Victorville area in a while.

Enjoy the rain today and have a great Thanksgiving!

Michael

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    your little girl looks just like you! Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by