1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Michigan- Border Collies

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by hippia16, Dec 11, 2010.

1. hippia16

hippia16 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2010
    Michigan
    I am a dog trainer in Michigan and I have rescued 2 border collie males that need to be rehomed. I am currently fostering both dogs.

Ranger is a 5 yr old neutered male who really needs a job herding. He has a lot of natural ability that needs to be honed. He originally lived on a horse farm and was doing his job to well and was nearly put down because of his enthusiasm. He is a really large dog- 65 lbs. Very fit and healthy and up to date on vaccines. He ignores the cat, is ok with most dogs unless challenged, and is the most lovable people dog I've ever met. He is very sensitive and wants to do everything right. He loves men, women, and children.

Bandit is a 3 yr old neutered male who would probably do well herding but would also do fine in an active home that would play ball with him everyday. He loves to pull me on my roller blades or bike. I haven't had the chance to go skiing with him yet, but more than likely he would do well. He loves toys and other dogs. He is a very playful boy. I got him from an older couple who couldn't handle a young dog anymore. He was not socialized at all and was very clingy with me. He was also very very overweight. 5 months later he is at a great weight and he also loves kids and most adults. Once he meets someone he loves them. He is a great guard dog and lets me know when people come into the house or driveway. He is up to date on vaccines. He is not to sure of the cat and likes to chase her. He is a smaller boy- 35-40lbs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by