MIchigan Right to farm act? Who can explain it to me?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wendy'sChicksRock, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    OK I have read it.... and read it.... and read it.... and sadly, still do not understand it..... (LOL ) can anyone explaine it in ENGLISH for me.. Just a quick run down
    Thank you SO much:barnie [​IMG][​IMG]

2. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
  3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I was always under the impression that a state's right to farm act is to protect existing farms and ranches from urban encroachment and nuisance lawsuits. For example when somebody sells off what has always been a crop field or pasture. Then someone who wants to live the "country life" builds their house there but once they're out in the country realize that the hog farm up the road for 20 years stinks and they file a lawsuit to get it shut down....or that the farmer across the road raises a dust cloud that settles into their swimming pool when he works the field and they start raising a stink about that.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  4. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    Quote:AHHHH thank you , that was very helpfull indeed.. Have a great day>.[​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Wendy'sChicksRock :

Quote:AHHHH thank you , that was very helpfull indeed.. Have a great day>.[​IMG]

That's how Kansas's is anyway.​

6. GINNYP

GINNYP New Egg

Mar 30, 2013
    I live in Oxford, MI and I want to have a few chickens and the local ordinance says that I have to have 2 1/2 acher in order to have any chickens. Well I own a double lot which is not even close but for some reason I was under the impression that the MI farm act could help me to keep chickens. I was wondering if anyone knew about that and if so how do I go about keeping them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by