1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MICHIGAN - Six hens in need of re-homing!

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by MsChickenMomma, Feb 18, 2017.

1. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan
    Hello everyone,

I am located in West MI, and I need to find a home for my small flock of six hens. I will be moving into an apartment out of state some time in the next 6-12 months, and it is no longer an option for me to keep my birds.

These hens are kept as pets, not necessarily for egg production, and I would love for them to remain someone's pets. :) Three of the girls will be four years old in May, the other three will be one year in July.

The breeds are:
    Two EE's,
    One Buff Orp,
    And three Barnevelders.

The Barn's are the pullets.

I get about 4 eggs per day from them right now. The EE's are the only girls not laying eggs, but they should start laying again once the weather warms up.

If anyone would be interested in giving these girls a great new home, let me know. I am willing to meet up somewhere or bring them to you (depending on where you live).

Thank you! :)

2. chixmaidservice

chixmaidservice Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2013
    Interested- how long would it take you to get to Ohio State line? I am about 3 hrs east of Toledo. Linda

3. MsChickenMomma

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan
    Thank you for your interest. I'm sorry, but that's too far for me. I don't have a good car right now.

4. birdmanmax

birdmanmax Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2016
    Central Michigan
    Not sure how far it is from you but I live in the Saginaw area and would be happy to add them to my flock.

5. Nyla

Nyla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Griffith, Indiana
    Where are you located? What city in Michigan is it?

6. MsChickenMomma

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan
    Holland MI

7. wcbpolish

wcbpolish Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2017
    Pierson, Michigan
    Would you be able to bring the gals to Pierson, Michigan? It's north of Cedar Springs. Otherwise, perhaps you could bring them to Grand Rapids in the early afternoon? I get off work at 2:30.

I would take them and add them to my laying flock of buff orpingtons and barred rocks.

Let me know if that might work.

8. izigg

izigg Out Of The Brooder

I will be traveling through Holland on my way to Ann Arbor April 3rd and then back to the U.P. if you dont have them gone I can meet off 75 or close by, on my way back home if that works????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by