Michigann- 3 Free Mallard ducks, hand raised!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KelliLovesChickens, Jul 30, 2008.

1. KelliLovesChickens

KelliLovesChickens New Egg

Apr 7, 2008
    White Pigeon, MI
    I love love love my 3 ducks, but unfortunately I can't keep them anymore. Can anyone take my 'kids' and give them a forever home? I'm so afraid they wouldn't make it in the wild now, and I don't want them to be eaten or killed by someone claiming to give them a 'forever home'. Two males, one female, VERY sweet
    I have pictures of them being hand fed as adults!

2. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    I wish I was closer. I'd get them to give my peking some friends. [​IMG]

3. KelliLovesChickens

Apr 7, 2008
    White Pigeon, MI
    Oh man [​IMG] I don't know if I can ship them!

4. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    where is white pigeon? how far from Midland?

5. KelliLovesChickens

Apr 7, 2008
    White Pigeon, MI
    White Pigeon is near the border of Indiana, Southwest Michigan- I'm not sure where Midland is?

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] You're just a hop skip and a jump from me.... I'm in Bronson..... but I am not set up for ducks [​IMG] I wish I was, if I hear of anyone that can take them, I will let you know. Are they currently in a pen? Do they have a pond? I mean, what kind of living arrangements are they used to? Do they need to be penned... or do they need wide open spaces???

7. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Yeah I know!! I was lucky to get Sally the Basset hound from warriorchild only because the timing was perfect. Hubby was in PA for a couple of days and warriorchild drove from Jersey to deliver her....By the way. Sally and I are attached at the hip. [​IMG]

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I think I've looked that up once and it is a decent drive [​IMG]

9. KelliLovesChickens

Apr 7, 2008
    White Pigeon, MI
    Right now they are in a pen, they have a large shed-like shelter, and a pond-ish type thing barried in the ground, that i have to clean out at least every other day or they make an utter mess of it. They love to play in the running hose, and have their wings clipped, but try their darndest to fly out when they see me in the yard. I'm afraid they'd HAVE to be in a pen and protected until their freathers grow back. i clipped them because I have dogs, and when they started flapping around, they'd get out if they tried hard enough and there were the dogs, eyeballing them. Ah!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by