Micki and anybody else who might be interested.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cheri, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    My son told me a sad story today. He has a friend in basic that is a Native American (Seminole) and he has no family! Except a Gramma. He gets no mail. So I was wondering if I got his address would you all help me write him? I just wanted to cry. [​IMG]

2. chickaboo7

chickaboo7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    Send away .We would love to write to him. It's sad not to get mail when away frow home.

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I know! I don't know why the Lord has placed this young man on my heart. My son gave him one of our family pictures and told him that we were his family now. Wasn't that sweet! [​IMG]

4. chickaboo7

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    If you really want us to write, I know some of my friends will write too. We've all been alone at one time or another and in can be very depressing. No one whats to be alone in a strange land.

5. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Im just waiting on Corey to send me his address.

6. kansas_twister

kansas_twister Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    s.w. kansas
    ok here's an idea, to give suport to the soldiers with out families is there a way that we can make a area in byc to post addresses or contact info for these guys??? sort of take them under our wing???

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'll tell you one thing, anyone that goes into the military to serve their country and fight for OUR freedom is a gift from the Big Man Above. I would love the write to him. If he is willing to risk his life for me and my country then he IS my family. God bless that man and God bless your son, Cheri. And any other's on this forum with sons and daughters in the military. God bless you all!!!

8. chickaboo7

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    I agree totally . We need to be the broody hens we all are and give love to them.

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:A good idea but I wouldn't like my address posted on a public site, a privacy thing.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I think it's a lovely idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by