Micro Serama pullet~~shipping available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Jun 14, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Up for bids is 1 Micro Serama pullet. Unfortunately, I do not have a scale to check her weight, but I would say she is no bigger than 4 ounces. She might gain a bit more weight but she will not get any bigger than what she is now. She most likely will never lay eggs. She is entirely too small to meet the standards set forth by the Serama Council of North America and would be DQ'd at any SCNA sanctioned shows.
    She is about the same size as a coturnix quail (body-size, not weight), so would be a good bird to keep as an indoor pet. Due to her small size, she would not be able to keep herself warm if left outdoors during the winter months. She is outside right now, but it has been in the low- to mid-90's for a few weeks.

Shipping is based on your zip for a 3# shipment (Express Mail only) plus $7 for the box. It will not be more than $50 total and should be much less unless you are on the far west coast. She really doesn't weigh much at all.

I do not have any comparable-sized seramas, though I do have a cockerel who is her hatchmate that could accompany her. Granted, he is at least twice as big as she is, but it would be someone to keep her company on her trip if you want him.

I am not sure of her exact hatch date but it was late January/early February.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: I will try to get a good pic of the cockerel who can accompany her tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    She is just too cute [​IMG]

3. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    Does the addition of the cockeral add to the price of the auction ? And would it increase the shipping amount?
    Thank you.

4. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    I gotta get this little girl *giggles*. But, she's for $35 dollars alone or is it with the cockerel, box, and her? If we don't get the cockerel then how much would the price be?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The cockerel would be free of charge, so the $35 bid would be for the both of them. The box fee is $7 then the 'actual' amount for the shipping price. She is $35 starting bid with or without the cockerel. The cockerel would add to the shipping some, but it shouldn't be more than $4-$5. The $50 quote is for zone 8, so if you are closer than that it won't cost as much to ship.

6. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The cockerel and pullet together would weigh about 1 pound. The box weighs about 1 1/2 pounds, then the bedding and 'food' would make up the difference for 3#.

7. Serama Lover1

Serama Lover1 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    Acworth Ga
    Could you try to get another pic of the cockerel?

8. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Can you please lower the price?

9. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Sorry, I will try to get another pic of the cockerel tomorrow.

ETA: I should have a few more ready to list within the week, but none of the others would be micros.

10. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    How adorable! [​IMG] I would be afraid to let her out. A crow might pick her up for dinner and I don't mean as a date either. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by