Micro therapy :x

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gypsy2621, Jan 29, 2009.

1. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I am not sure if this is the proper place for this but I have found the perfect therapy for running off at the mouth.
    will explain:
    There is a thread on going on this site that has my hackles in a twist.
    So rather than shoot my mouth off and get banned I decided to go into the kitchen and boil up some button quail eggs for pickling.
    so Ok I have been at the peeling stage for 2 hours now.
    I have thought through every possible response to that thread and decided I cant be nice about it so I will just avoid it.

the Micro therapy part comes in here:

I first of all never knew button quail eggs being so small would be so time consuming, never realized just how hard they are to peel with out exposing the yolk.
    I also found that by peeling these timy little eggs that it gives one time to reflect on other things, Projects become much clearer and easier when your not distracted by something other than peeling that infurnal egg.
    yep time for more micro therapy lol

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If the thread has your hackles twisted because of your personal thoughts, you are doing good! [​IMG]

If it because it is going against the rules, then use the report button. [​IMG]

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Hmmm. I'm gonna have to find that thread. It sounds interesting.

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I have a hard enough time taking the shells off the standard eggs.[​IMG]

5. gypsy2621

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Its not against the rules honestly its a safety issue that has me concerned I will pm you.

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I applaud your control. I will take a lesson from you. Sometimes my mouth shoots off. [​IMG]

7. gypsy2621

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I have to find creative ways to do anger management, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt lol.

like right now, I left the remainder of the peeled button eggs on the stove to feed and water the rabbits,
    I come back in and hubby has a sandwich, um where did you get the eggs for that sandwich?
    hubby: right here on the stove where you left them .
    ARGGGGGG!!!!!!
    well so much for pickled eggs, the dope ate them all..........
    next time do not leave peeled eggs on the stove to do something else, HIDE THEM!

8. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I find that the following the bread recipes do much to keep me out of trouble, too! [​IMG]

9. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Good therapy, but there is a much easier way to deal with peeling eggs that I learned on here.

Use a push pin to poke a hole in the large end of the egg, then put it into the boiling water. Boil 10-15 min, let sit in the hot water another 10 min, cool or chill in ice water, then peel. They come out smooth as silk; last time I made deviled eggs I peeled 12 in 5 min!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by