Microsoft = Abuse of power

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Sep 23, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    With windows 8 coming out next year(ish) there have been "huge" updates to how it looks etc (IMO copying from mac a bit) there is one thing that just irks me, and now i have decided to never buy a PC with windows pre-installed. in windows 8 it requires everything to be a "secure boot", and they require it to be off by default. But the computer companys do not need to (= well not) put an a "switch" to turn this off. So this means that people no longer well have the option to ditch windows and install a (better) different OS. I well not be able to support this abuse of power. I well be getting a macbook pro this year, and be giving this laptop to my dad.

I just can not stand Microsoft anymore!! i well shut up now [​IMG]

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Gotta love ... micro-poly.

I think its easier to just get a bare bones kit that way you can install your own OS with the hardware you really want.

3. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:ahh but i need a laptop for school.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I too am sick of Microsoft running everyone's show. Aren't there anti-trust laws for this kind of thing... or does Gates secretly run Apple behind the scenes to prevent that also?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If he and his wife didn't give MILLIONS to all kinds of charities I would have more of an issue with them. But they do, so I don't.

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Gates only sites in a big chair at Microsoft now [​IMG] i am not sure who is the CEO. Anyway they are trying to kill linux. but they never well [​IMG] if anything they well make more people go to linux. it's up to the Computer maker to decide if they want an off switch... so how many computer makers do you think are going to put one in if they don't need to [​IMG]

7. Fowl_Odor002

Fowl_Odor002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Mostly Here
    We are Microsoft
    You will be assimilated

Resistance is futile

8. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Quote:Linux powers 65.5% of smartphones worldwide. How about Microsoft's flagship WP7? 3.9%. Pitiful. IE, Microsoft's web browser, accounts for a paltry 38% of all internet traffic, a number which is quickly falling every day. That's opposed to 47.5% for Firefox and Chrome. Open-source server programs are the power behind 73.08% of the internet. On the other hand, Windows Server only controls 15.75%. Also, I might point out that nine out of ten of the most reliable hosting companies use Linux. On a slightly lulzier note, 91.2% of the 500 fastest supercomputer run Linux.

Yes, resistance may very well be futile. For Microsoft, that is.

9. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Linux powers 65.5% of smartphones worldwide. How about Microsoft's flagship WP7? 3.9%. Pitiful. IE, Microsoft's web browser, accounts for a paltry 38% of all internet traffic, a number which is quickly falling every day. That's opposed to 47.5% for Firefox and Chrome. Open-source server programs are the power behind 73.08% of the internet. On the other hand, Windows Server only controls 15.75%. Also, I might point out that nine out of ten of the most reliable hosting companies use Linux. On a slightly lulzier note, 91.2% of the 500 fastest supercomputer run Linux.

Yes, resistance may very well be futile. For Microsoft, that is.

[​IMG]

10. Runt Of The Litter

Runt Of The Litter Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire,UK
    MS woudnt get away with that-they cannot control what OS people install on the hard drive as they do not own their own hard ware,and hardware companies are not going to listen to that as they will lose out in money and customers.

they will never stop someone from using another operating system format with windows [eg,linux,BSD], even if we were to have this concept supported by everyone and get passed by hardware makers,we have virtual managers to install other operating systems on-have got backtrack linux running great on a VM on this laptop x netbook due to the lack of hard drive,it runs inside windows and can be used at the same time.

however,the concept just wont get accepted by society-we will see men finaly wearing needed bras and chickens eating humans before microsoft get a monopoly on hardware.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by