Hello all, I have seen a few post on here about using or trying to use an old microwave for a homemade incubator. I just happened to have one laying around and thought I would give it a shot. I took apart the microwave and took out the magnatron, the fan in the back that didnt work anyway, adn a few other things. I got me a lower thermostat for an electric water heater, a pigtail for the light source, pc fan and 12v transformer and an accurite digital therometer. Using the excisting plug in from the microwave I ran the wire to the thermostat adn then a wire from the thermostat to the positive on the pigtail adn then a small jumper to the plug in of the 12v transformer. Then I ran the ground to the other side of the pigtail and another small jumper to the other side of the 12v transformer. Plugged it in and everything lit up. Now the light is a 75 watt bulb that is outside of the internal microwave enclosure where there is vent hole to let the heat inside. There are also vent holes on the outside cover where I have the pc fan mounted to draw in fresh air. The temp on the inside reads around 98 with humidity in the 50's. It had a reading this afternoon of 104 so I turned the dial down but everything stayed on. At 6 this afternoon it was 98. Could it be that the fan is pulling in to much air at once? Should I mount the fan on the inside where the eggs will be to pull in the heat from the bulb? Thanks for any and all help.