Microwave Scramble Surprise

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by LisaJean, Apr 10, 2008.

1. LisaJean

LisaJean Chillin' With My Peeps

Take two fresh eggs, break into a shallow, microwave-safe bowl. Add butter, salt, pepper to taste.

Scramble with a fork or wire whisk.

Set bowl in microwave. Program for 45 seconds. (time of cooking may vary.)

Eggs are done when you hear a loud PFOOM! from the microwave.

Serve hot directly from sides of inside of microwave. Paper towels to garnish, if desired.

Serving suggestion:
    [​IMG]

Time of prep: 20 seconds
    Time of cook: 30-45 seconds
    Time of cleanup: 30-60 minutes

I have no idea what I did wrong. I've cooked eggs in the microwave many times before. [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

lol

That's great. I've done that once with a full in shell egg... about 20 seconds in I took it out and my mom was saying... "wow... I though for sure it would blo...." *POP* and it blew up in the middle of the kitchen... at least yours is contained and clean up was only an hour!

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry, I just had to laugh! My microwave caught on fire (well the contents in it) a week ago when I was "roasting" garlic in it. Done it a hundred times before but for some reason it decided to get really crispy! My DD came out to the kitchen and asked "what are you cooking I like that smell" (okay so she's weird) and I turn around and the kitchen is full of smoke. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Ohhh....now you have be scared!! I always cook eggs in the microwave! Guess I'll get out the skillet! [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Your title and the photo say it all. I know for sure now that I won't be following your helpful recipe and instructions.

6. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Oh my... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Sorry LJ, I was expecting some great recipe and I open the post to this and it is funny!!!! [​IMG] What a mess! And we've all been there..[​IMG]
    You have a wonderful sense of humor. I would have just been a cussin away as I'm scrapin away at the nasty egg. :thun

8. LisaJean

I just stood there laughing for a long time. I couldn't believe it. I'm hoping the cats may clean up a little bit of it, but I think I'm going to need to do some scraping.

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    bwahahahahah!!!!!

10. LisaJean

You'd think I would have learned from this experience last April, but I didn't. I just blew up another egg, this time in the new microwave. No photos this time, but imagine the same as before, only in a slightly bigger microwave. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by