Mid march hatch a long

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lynn1961, Feb 24, 2012.

1. lynn1961

lynn1961 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    south central Oklahoma
    Have the eggs all ready and getting ready to set them in the incubator. 36 welsummers ! Anyone else setting eggs today ?

2. Hennyhandler

Hennyhandler SilkieJax

Jun 10, 2009
    Cullman
    I am waiting for mine to get here from the post office. Shouldn't be long. But then I will have to let them settle so I will probably be setting them tomorrow but it's pretty close. Have you hatched before?

3. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Not today, but I set 39 eggs 2 days ago[​IMG]....They're due mid March too. [​IMG]38 are BC Marans and Blue, Black, Splash Marans eggs, with the 39th egg one of my Blue Silkie pair's test egg. I'm so nervous [​IMG] since I haven't hatched any chickens in over 2 years. It is chilly here and pretty dry too and all 4 of my thermometers/hydrometers read differently. I'm trying to calibrate them, and not having good luck yet. The one reads 56% after >12 hours...agh! [​IMG]Wellies are great birds! I want more of them someday too! I had a trio but both hens are gone now and I've only got a Roo (and his tail is always missing its feathers -he's such a submissive Roo- my other birds pull his tail feathers out! Grrrr!)
    Let's keep track of our progress, k? 3 weeks is going to take an awful long time for me!

4. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I too am waiting on my PO to deliver my eggs today! Will be setting them tomorrow for them to hatch on my grandfathers birthday in rememberence in him. This is my first attempt at hatching, but not chicks. Can't wait! I have silkie and showgirl eggs coming!!!

5. JeniChic

JeniChic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Grover, NC
    I am planning to set tomorrow. This will be my first hatch. Hopefully I will get a good hatch.[​IMG]

6. mabhera

mabhera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    My eggs arrived today. 11 black cooper marans eggs....i'm using a homemade incubator and this is my second time hatching. I''l put them in the bator tomorrow... hopping for a great hatch....and many girls. I have too many roosters.

7. lynn1961

Feb 14, 2011
    south central Oklahoma
    I have hatched lots and lots of eggs. My first hatch of the year is 3 weeks old now. Kept 10 out of the 24 that hatched out, gifted 12 of them to my neighbor and his kids. The 3 week olds are eating like everything, growing like weeds. Would be fun to keep up with our hatch a long.

8. lynn1961

Feb 14, 2011
    south central Oklahoma
    The prevous hatch had east eggers and welsummers. The easter eggers are so cute when they hatch out with their poofy little feathers on thier face, the welsummer x easter egger chicks from last year are now laying, so am getting green eggs, green eggs with spots, pink eggs and blue eggs. Makes the egg basket interesting looking !
    Where is everone from ?

9. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    NW New Jersey [​IMG]

10. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Easternshore of Maryland [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by