Mid-Michigan - Split a chick order? Buttercups or others

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by szilagyi, Apr 17, 2008.

1. szilagyi

szilagyi New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    Hello:

We are new to raising chickens, and would like to start with a small group of Buttercups. They seems to be hard to come by, and we do not want an entire order of 25 chicks. If there are a couple people that would like to split a chick order with us, we'd really appreciate the help.

We're in mid-Michigan, and we wouldn't mind a short drive to drop off your chicks.

Thanks much!
    Michelle

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    What hatchery will you be using? I've been interested in the blue wyandottes that Welp Hatchery has. I'm pretty sure they have buttercups too. I'd be willing to split an order if you order from them. I'd met you 1/2 way to pick up my chicks as well. If you have a pay pal account I could pay for my 1/2 that way or pay in cash at pick up.

3. szilagyi

szilagyi New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    Hi Heidi,

Any hatchery that has buttercups, I suppose. I had looked at Stromberg's and Welp's... either of those would be a-ok with me. How many are you looking to get? We could only really use about 6 - 8 of the 25 minimum. If you're not looking for a lot, then we'd have to hope someone else around here would like some chicks, too!

Let's keep in touch!

Thanks,
    Michelle

4. Heidi

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I really want 5, but I could go as high as 10. I did double check and Welp does have Buttercups. Welps prices includes shipping so there wouldn't be any shipping to split or anything like that. If you find someone else to go in just PM me because I'm not on BYC everyday. I'll check around as well. Where about do you live? I live just north of Grand Rapids.

5. szilagyi

szilagyi New Egg

Apr 17, 2008
    We're about 30 minutes east of Lansing... I'd have no problem meeting you half way. I'm hoping one or two more people will join in and share the chick order. Ordering from Welp's will work fine. I wish Townline had these breeds...

6. Heidi

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I ordered chicks from them last year and picked them up. If you pick them up you don't have a minimum to order. Yes, I wish they would expand as well. Their chicks were very healthy and robust and I didn't lose a one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by