1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mid-Missouri

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by ChickenChic, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ChickenChic

ChickenChic New Egg

Jan 22, 2007
    Hi, I am from Mid-MO and have been raising chickens for only a short time. I am still pretty ignorant to all of the particulars of raising chickens, so I hope to learn from those more experience than I am. I will post a picture of the very nice coup my husband built for my birds. It is built like Fort Knox, with cedar poles buried in the ground with fencing wraped around them to keep the critter from digging under to get to my chickens.

My flock is made up of 8 New Hampshire Reds and 4 Barred Rocks. I am almost certain they have all started laying, although I am not gettting consistent numbers yet.

2. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    Welcome, I'm just outta St Louis. You're at the right place to learn.

Smiles
    Jul

3. Momma Hen

Momma Hen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2007
    Missouri
    I'm just north of Springfield- SW Missouri. I caught my "chicken addiction" 7 mos ago & have learned tons of info since.

4. Marc33

Marc33 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2007
    I'm 30mi west of Columbia, MO Getting ready to start my 2nd layer flock and a side of broilers. We will have barred, white and buff rocks, lt brahmas, ri reds, and blue andalusias. I love a colorful flock! The brahmas are for my daughter she likes the "furry" feet.

5. showme31

showme31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Moscow Mills MO
    Welcome! I'm wanting to order from Cackle. If you are close to the Wentzville area and want to go in, just let me know.

Smiles
    Jul

6. lynsalmostafarm

lynsalmostafarm New Egg

Feb 12, 2007
    SW MO
    I am in SW MO almost to the AR state line, on Bull Shoals Lake. I raise, Silkie's, showgirls, Marans, Guineas and my new venture nankins.

7. cgruning

cgruning New Egg

Apr 14, 2007
    Hi everyone. I'm in Montgomery City. If anyone's in this general vicinity there's a place called Griffith's in Fulton that charges $1 per chick for less than 100 and $0.79 for 100. I don't have his number handy though. I know he's got Cornish Cross and Silkies because that's what I got but I don't know what else.

8. ccrawf

ccrawf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Springfield, Missouri
    Hi every one! I live in the great show me state, just north of Springfield. Have 10 acres, 45 chickens, 4 turkeys and 2 geese.
    Love this site.
    Would be interested in meeting or swapping animals with others.

9. Joelle

Joelle Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2009
    West Central Missouri
    West Central Missouri here. I wish there was a better way to find my 'fowl' nieghbors [​IMG]

10. Kramer Farms

Kramer Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by