Mid-Ohio Exotic Animal and Bird Sale

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by BeccaOH, Mar 25, 2009.

1. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
  2. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Ohio
    I go on Wed sales sometimes lot more common poultry then.The exotic is too exotic for me.

3. GRG

GRG Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    Hi Becca,I go to this sale atleast once a year,they hold 3 a year.I can't seem to find my sale flier,if I do I will try to post it here.If you go the first day is mostly peafowl,oranamental(wild)waterfowl and gamebirds.Any of these of those type birds that they don't get to Thur.night start the sale on Fri. followed by the more common types of poultry usually all fowl are sold before Sat. except maybe rheas,emu that sale with the larger animals.If you go I think you will enjoy yourself it is fun.You could also check out the swap meets they hold there I like attending them also.

4. CrimsonRose

CrimsonRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Do you find some good deals? It's a pretty good drive for me 3.5 hours so I would have to find some awesome deals to make it worth the drive... I also see they have livestock auctions... What are those prices like? I would love to go to the dairy one but hubby would kill me If I came home with a car load of cows... [​IMG] [​IMG]

As for the exotics do they have macaws or anything like that... Hubby wants a talking bird so I might be able to talk him into going if he has a chance at one of those...

5. eestep8

eestep8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Do they really auction animals like wild cats, bears, and primates? A lot of what was on the flyer just seems wrong to me.

6. feathersgalore

feathersgalore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I was there once and it was unreal all the types of animals they auctioned. Anything you can image was there.

7. Ky Chicken Fan

Ky Chicken Fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Quote:That is how I felt about the Lucasville swap the one time we went to it, unreal is an excellent description. This sounds like it might be even more unreal though...for all the wildlife we saw being sold, I don't believe we saw bears. All I can say is WOW.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by