Mid-West 101

I've never been sure whether Arkansas qualifies as mid-west or southern. They sure don't act like southerners around here; at least not in the manners dept.
hmm.png

Arkansas has two seasons, winter and hotter than....

mizzou-RAH

"Hey, what are you all doin this weekend? I'm havin' a bit of a wing-ding over here "

"He's tightern' a cow's _ _ _ at fly time."

I just thought of anothern'. When we were kids, my gramma would tell us "if you kids are goin' outside, you best put on yer wraps"

And this one...."I'm doin' my warshn' on Saturday"

I never knew I had a southern accent, until I made a good friend from Chicago. She inquired about my "village". She reminded me that I used the words "Ya reckon?" with great frequency when I was asking her opinion on sumthin".

And what I thought was funny about the Chicagoans' was that at the end of every sentence, be it a question or a statement, it was always followed with an groaning kind of "EH?" It reminded me of the Saturday Night Live skit with Chris Farley.....Dah BAAARES...and MIIIIIIIKE DIIIITTTTKUH.

This is awful....the more I think about spelling my words they way I pronounce them...........maybe I do come from a "village" LOL

lau.gif

IOWA:
If the corn is knee-high by the fourth of July, it's gonna be a good harvest
smile.png

I'm tryin to think of some more, but it's hotter than a skunks A** in August here, and I reckon the heat has fried my brain!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom