middle school mom ready for break

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by portlandpeeps, Dec 11, 2008.

1. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    My daughter is in 6th grade (middle school) and has several very large projects all due this week along with mounds of math homework. She's been up until midnight every night trying to get it all done. I don't remember doing these kinds of term papers and projects until college.

We're new to public schools--she was in a catholic school before this. Do other schools give students so many projects this time of year?

2. texaschick-a-dee

texaschick-a-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas coast
    Unfortunately yes, my kids have it too. And since I work in the special ed dept of a high school I have to help with alot of projects at work too. It's always like this at the end of a term. Even my 4th grader has projects due. [​IMG] Christmas break will be here soon!![​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My boss's 12 year old has 90 math problems for homework in 2 days. PUHLEEZE! that is way too much. The poor child fell asleep at 11 pm trying to finish it!

4. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    yep here too!!!! Way too much homework!!! Seems sometimes that the "system" feels they all need multiple hours per night of work!

5. illinichick

illinichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    I defense of the teachers; these projects were most likely assigned a month ago and the students wait until the week before to start them! and to tell the parents.

6. HSmamma

HSmamma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Nope-we homeschool ! Projects on our time-we love it. [​IMG] I don't miss the deadlines and scads of homework.
    -hsmamma

7. Splash_Guard

Splash_Guard Set Free

Dec 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Also in defense of the teachers, they want the children to score high on State Tests. I didn't think 3rd grade would ever end, my daughter had homework for hours every night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by