Middle Tennessee Local Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MattyP, Feb 9, 2009.

1. MattyP

MattyP Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2009
    Columbia, TN
    I just got my Bator up and running. Adjusted all the temps this morning and it is holding steady. I need to make trial run on some eggs. I also have a nice brooder that I paid over $200 for last year to put them in once they hatch. If anyone has some eggs they could donate I would be happy to try them out. I will be happy to give you half the stock. I will put a full 50lb bag of feed through them in my brooder at my cost. Let me know if you have any extra eggs. I need about 12 to 30 to make it a good run.

Mat

2. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  3. luvarabhorses

luvarabhorses Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Hector, Ar
    I'll send you a dozen free hatching eggs (mostly ees), you can keep the results, just paypal me $8 for shipping.
    Lisa

4. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    If you don't mind mutt eggs I can hook you up next time I run to Columbia. My family all live that way and I'm there every couple of weeks.
    My LF mutts would be from a buff daddy and either a silver laced wyandotte, goldern laced wyandotte (although she's in a molt right now), blue laced EE.
    My bantum mutts would be mille fluer d'uccle crossed with white silkie, buff polish, silver sebright or LF EE.

Let me know what you think! The SLW/GLW mixed with buff is turning out some interesting birds. Hit up my blog and you can see pictures of the last two broody hatches.

(By the way, any chance you would like a couple of baby roosters? I'll make you a deal! [​IMG] )

5. MattyP

Feb 9, 2009
    Columbia, TN
    We are currently remodeling our farm house down in Columbia right now. The contractor is supposed to finish in about 3 to 4 weeks. We all know that could easily turn into 2 months when you figure contractor time. It is like dog years. I have about 80 acres with the place. We have been down the last 3 weekends fencing the place off to raise a few steers and heifers for the Spring to take to the processor. I had about 30 pigs and I thought I was going to commit suicide. I have finally dwindled the pigs down to about 8. 5 young registered Berkshire pigs, a Berk Mama, a Berk Daddy, and a sweet sow named Anna Belle. We put up 3 hogs in the freezer and country hams. My chickens are my next project. I want to have about 75 free ranging around the farm. I am going to be building them a coop with some rough cut lumber from the Amish. I am thinking about 24 x 8 would give them plenty of room to roost and nest. They will be out during the day having fun and keeping the ticks down. I have a friend who is a carpenter who is going to build it for me. I am trading him some fresh hog and steer for the job. Needless to say I need about 30 eggs every 25 days to hatch and put in the brooder. I am looking for just good old run of the mill eggs. Nothing fancy is needed. I will probably get a few rare birds once everything gets established. I am going to have my friend build me a garden tractor as well to slide around the garden for natural fertilizer. Thanks for all your help.

6. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I will very happily give you an 8 week old rooster or two (or three!) if you are interested. These boys are from a buff orp daddy and a wyandotte mother. The wyandottes were my first hens laying. The buff daddy is a big strapping lad. All three should father good size, prolific hens.
    [​IMG]

PM me if you want some mutt eggs as well.

7. MattyP

Feb 9, 2009
    Columbia, TN
    As soon as I get the coup built you have a deal. They look like handsome fellas. My current coup is full. My lil roo would be upset if I brought in 3 more boys to his house without an invitation.

8. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yeah... that's why I have to find them new homes. My roos are not terribly happy about sharing their space and the little boys are already chest butting each other. Boys, boys, boys...
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by