Middle TN meet up?

What day works best for a Middle TN meet up?

• Monday, December 27th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday, December 28th

• Wednesday, December 29th

• Thursday, December 30th

• Friday, December 31st NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

• Some time after the first of the year

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
Is anyone interested in a Middle TN meet up? No trading at this one, but perhaps meet for dinner and conversation? I'm thinking the greater Nashville area is probably the most centrally located.

So what day works best for everyone?

Open to just about any night, but let's not be on the road New Years Eve. And, wherever we go will be crowded and noisy.
frow.gif
Looking forward to a get together. Thanx Anne for organizing.

What no bird trading! But we are all chicken lovers!lol Saturdays are best for me,Be sure and pick a place with a big parking lot so we can get together in a corner and swap birds,eggs,etc.!

I'm the new kid on the block here......but very interested in meeting other locals who love their critters. I voted for Thurs, but could make it any day cept Wed or the 31st. And just a suggestion - could we avoid areas where there's bound to be huge numbers of people shopping or doing returns? Poor things don't probably don't have chickens ... perhaps that's why they seem to be so impatient.

If we meet in Nashville/Davidson County we cannot trade/sell/buy birds from our cars. They passed a law last year making that illegal. Sigh. It is to prevent puppy mill backyard breeders from selling dogs and cats in the Walmart parking lot, but it includes chickens too. If we want to do a trade/sell meet up we will need to meet elsewhere (perhaps Williamson or Rutherford Counties?).

There's some good shopping center parking lots in Rutherford right off the highway! But won't it be too cold to bring animals out for awhile? The Avenue is just off Medical Center Parkway exit and there's lots of room, with some really nice mid-priced restaurants.

That was my other worry about meeting up with animals AND eating. It is just so chilly out there! I would be worried about leaving my chickies in the car so long. Granted, they are fine outside in the cold, so I am probably worrying needlessly.
tongue.png

I would be more than happy to meet up around the Avenue as that is local for me, but I know we have some middle Tennesseans that live north and west of Nashville. I didn't want to pick someplace hard for them to get to. The Avenue is right off the interstate and is really easy to reach by both 24 and 840. I haven't eaten at any of those restaurants, but there is a plethora of them over there.
This may not be a great time for everyone. I was hoping that gap week between Christmas and New Years would be slow for everyone.

Hmmmm... so this is why we never do a middle TN meet up. We can never find a time we are all free!
smile.png

Maybe we can find a weekend in January. Perhaps the 15th?

Back
Top Bottom