Angileen

Songster
Oct 5, 2019
Minnesota, USA
Hi,
I am posting some pictures of Midnight Majesty Marans chickens I bought from Hover hatchery through L and m Fleet. From what I have seen here on backyard chickens there is not much info. From what I could get off of some research on the internet I believe the MMM is a cross between 2 marans breeds, the cuckoo and the Black Copper Marans. I order 4 pullets along with other various mixed breeds and 3 different breeds of cockerels, to my surprise one of the MMM pullets was a Rooster. I was worried I would have too many Roosters but so far everyone is getting along great. I am happy I have my MMM cockerel since he is one of the cockerel breeds I did not order. All my chickens are 4 months old now. My MMM cockerel was the first to crow at about 3 1/2 months old and has just started chasing around my females, he hasn't yet figured out how to get the job done! My other cockerels just started crowing a week later they are Black Jersey Giant, Buckeye and a Lavender Orpington. Compared to my other breeds which are Buff orpington, Lavender Orpington, Black and White Jersey Giants, Calico Princess, Dominique, Speckled Sussex, Easter Egger, and Buckeye they are fast growing and large in size. They are not real friendly but so far they are not aggressive they will walk up close to me but don't care to be held. I have held my cockerel on occasion but have to be tricky about it. I think they could be more friendly if held more but I have other chickens that love to be held and take up more of my time. Here are some picture of my cockerel and a couple of my pullets. One of the pictures is with part of the flock so you can compare size difference. The white Pullets is a Jersey Giant and the cockerel standing in the background is a Lavender Orpington he is larger than my MMM cockerel. It's a rainy day so they are staying in today. He is a handsome devil isn't he!
MMM Rooster at 4 months old.jpg
MMM Rooster at 4 months old2.jpg
MMM Rooster at 4 months old3.jpg
MMM Rooster at 4 months old4.jpg
MMM Hen 4 Months2.jpg
MMM Hen 4 Months.jpg

From your pictures, it looks like a sex-linked cross. Black copper rooster x cuckoo hen. The cockerel chicks end up being barred and the pullets unbarred.

Have yours started laying yet? If so how dark do the mmm lay?? I have some that are about 5 months old and can’t wait to see!

Back
Top Bottom