Miget Chicken what kind?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Apr 13, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Hi,
    I was just visting a friend down the street who had chickens, we were looking at them and the I spotted the CUTEST little miget chicken [​IMG] and I asked her what breed she was and she said Bantum and I said ok but what breed and again she said the Breed was a bantum it means small chicken and I said ok thanks I really like her. Anyway I want to know what breed she is because I was going to look for one [​IMG] like it So I say miget chicken because it was really only 8 inchs at the most when it was at full size, she was all black and a like sebright body, but had gold penceiling down the neek, had blue earlobe, flat come like a wyndotte (sorry spelling), the come and wattels were a darker red, and clean black feet I will see if I can get a pic. of her next time were there.

Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. Chihuahuamom444

Chihuahuamom444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Look up Sebright, Ive heard a lot of people say they are real tiny....

3. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
    Sounds like a Silkie mix if ear lobes are blue and feet are black.

4. Chihuahuamom444

Jan 27, 2011
    Oh I just saw you had sebright in your description, oops, I guess its not that then........I have a teeny tiny silkie, 1/3 the size a reg silkie.......and I didnt mean sebright I meant serama ! They are Tiny [​IMG]

5. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    She is not puffy at all and clean feet and lighter black legs I have had silkies before Not a silkie thanks though.

6. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    she is more like 6 in. if that helps

7. Chihuahuamom444

Jan 27, 2011
    Did you look up serama? Let us know what she is when you find out, sounds adorable

8. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I did they only had completely black ones also, she has really strait gold lines right in the the middle of each feather

9. Chihuahuamom444

Jan 27, 2011
    Quote:I think they come all diff colors but I could be wrong, maybe she is a mixture and just stayed tiny

10. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Japanese banty maybe??? They have short legs and stand very upright with their wings almost touching the ground.....though I thing seabrights or seremas do that too......

Nikki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by