Might be a silly question.......

jenjen

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Oregon House, Ca.
I didn't know where to post this. I noticed on here everytime I see a picture of Easter Eggers they don't seem to have any wattles?? Can someone please tell me why? I thought all chickens had wattles?

Most breeds with beards have very small wattles. If you look close, they do have them, they're just hidden in the beards
smile.png

Just picked up this hen last week. She lays a green egg. Someone on here told me she looked like she had a double dose of the bearded gene. I have not dug in there to see if she has wattles, but just walking around you can't see any. I will have to check it closer if I can remember to look some time.
barredee.jpg

Quote:
Where did you get her? She is so cute! I know of a couple of Ameraucana breeders trying to develop a Barred/Cuckoo variety and are having a tough time.

I answered an ad in craigslist for marans and she was in the mix, loose with over a dozen roosters. More than half of the roosters, and especially the two largest ones, were cuckoo marans, so I am hoping-hoping-hoping that at least one of her eggs was fertilized by cuckoo marans. She was also in with an EE, as well as a brown leghorn, Australorp, copper black and birchen marans roos too...

I am trying to hatch every egg she turns loose of just hoping for a bearded cuckoo/barred olive egger. I also acquired a cuckoo marans roo to put with her when I set up other digs. the only other roo she is in with is a splash "marans" (looks like a jersey giant cross) so at the very least I will be able to tell who the baby daddy is from here on out when eggs hatch. I would like for you to pass on my info or a pic of my hen to the others who are working on it. I'd be happy to trade eggs.
Patty

Last edited:
Check out the Ameraucana Breeders Club forum and it is in the Ameraucana Marketplace forum the topic is "Barred Ameraucana". Then you can contact the individuals in that thread that are working on them.

Good Luck, she is so darn cute!

Could you give me a link?

Forget it. Found it. I tried to register there but there is a bad link when you hit the "register" link on any page.Oh well. If you are a member there could you please post a pic of my hen for me, as well as contact info. (freshairlady at earthlink dot net.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom