Might be buying this, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mithryl, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Mithryl

Mithryl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    So I have been looking into getting chickens or ducks (I'm leaning towards ducks) for a while. My fiance messaged me about a coop he found today that someone is selling (will post a pic). He left the guy a message but we haven't heard back yet, in the event we do end up buying it I have some questions.
    1) what changes would need to be made if I went ducks instead of chickens?
    2) is there a way to clean it well to avoid any cross-contamination?
    3) what would you change/add/get rid of with it?
    I'm mainly just looking for suggestions from others, maybe someone else will see something I don't or have an idea I think is awesome. Thanks in advance.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    That's a pretty nice coop. I can't help with the duck thing so I'll let someone else do that.

As far as cleaning, some people use bleach and others prefer "natural" products like vinegar. There is a product called oxine that you can fog it with, and I think that would be the best bet since it will get into crevices and such that might be hard to wipe down with rags and brushes. Then you'll want to make sure it thoroughly dries and airs out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by