might have inugrial hernia, anyone had this.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by blueseal, Jul 1, 2010.

1. blueseal

blueseal Songster

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    long story short have a lump the size of a baseball on my rightside of my pubic area beside the crease in my leg . i went to the ER and because i am obese they couldnt do a cat scan to see what it is. so they made a appointment to a hospital that cares for bigger people. so next thursday i have the cat scan unless i start haveing pain before then. as of right now no pain just pressure from the swelled area. the dr today said possible hernia or pulled muscles.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    good luck! [​IMG]

3. Geez, that sounds awful! Are you a guy or a gal? I've heard of guys getting that more often.

4. blueseal

blueseal Songster

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    chickensducks&agoose :

Geez, that sounds awful! Are you a guy or a gal? I've heard of guys getting that more often.

im a guy 33 and obese​

5. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Crowing

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Sounds like what my dad had when he was in his mid thirties. He was slightly overweight too. He did have surgery to fix it and he did fine. Good luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    I had an inguinal swelling that turned out to be a swollen lymph node. Mine was painful though......

7. blueseal

blueseal Songster

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i just hope they can find out what it is and fix it . kinda scary when your a big guy 452 to be exact . 6ft 2 , never had surgery before and the bigger you are the more of a risk i have. i also have sleep apnea and use a bipap and oxygen concentrator when i sleep . will this affect me if i have anthesia for surgery. just alot weighing on my mind .

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Blueseal, I've popped inguinal hernias on both sides. (Seperate occurences.) My surgeries and recoveries were no problem whatsoever. My biggest problem was remembering that I was restricted on what I could do physically. Express your concerns to your doctor, and perhaps he can ease your mind. You are not the first big guy with sleep apnea that they have dealt with. They will take all precautions to assure your safety. Good luck, and get it repaired. A strangulated hernia can cause serious problems.

9. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Songster

Mar 21, 2010
    I have apnea and have several surgeries the past few years. No worries, they will take good care of you.

I had hernia's caused by rapidly losing ~70 lbs - the abdominal muscles didn't react quick enough to the weight loss. I went to Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky just 10 days after surgery - the doc said "go enjoy life"

Good luck![​IMG]

10. blueseal

blueseal Songster

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    appointment at 1130am today to get checked out hopefully find out if i have a hernia .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by