Might have miscalculated. OH NO

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by terrilhb, Jun 16, 2011.

1. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok so I posted that my doe is due in July. But as you all know I have been worried. Today I was out petting everyone and felt her ligaments. They are barely there. And she has been laying around by herself all day. Very unusual for her. So I got to thinking (most of the time this is a bad thing for me to do) and checked my calendar to see when we got her. Jan 29th. The lady we got her from said it would be ok to put her in with the boys. We did for 1 night. But she was not to happy about it. So I am wondering if she got pregnant than. Which means the earliest she should go is Sat or possibly the 26th of this month. Oh no. When we brought her home I did not know what I know now. Should not have done that. But anyways thanks for listening. Will let all you wonderful people know what happens.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG]

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Woops! [​IMG]......[​IMG]

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] haha! [​IMG]

5. glenolam

glenolam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    I think you'll be just fine! [​IMG]

I had my boys in with the girls for 6 months. So I was just like you - stuff happens and for one reason or another the boys stay longer than expected. Now you know.

You'll just have to keep an eye on her and perhaps put a baby monitor in with her at night so you can get some sleep without worrying every 3 minutes if she's going into labor!

6. glenolam

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    How's everything going now? Is she still sorta 'off'?

7. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Hello. Yes she is. It looks like you can see all the bones on her back. Her tail bones. I am watching her like a hawk. The lady I bought her from says she has a couple more weeks to go from her guess. Thanks for asking. Have not been able to post on her cause things have been crazy. I will keep you informed. Thanks again for all your help

8. glenolam

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    No problem. You're probably seeing her pin bones because the kid is dropping into position. Just like all the other signs, though, that can happen a few weeks prior to kidding or a day before.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by