Might sell some fertile eggs..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by americana-chick, Jan 2, 2010.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    I hope this is ok that i post this here because i am not for sure if i can and i dont want people placing bids when i might not be able to. But please feel free to move or remove this if i posted this in a wrong section.

Anyways, I might be having some fertile hatching eggs for sale soon. I have never shipped eggs before and that is the part i am not sure about.. I just wanted to see who all would be interested in some and i will start doing research on shipping eggs [​IMG]
    They would be crosses of any of the following: EE, RIR, production red, porcelain d'uccle bantam, BO, new hampshire red, BR, black bantam cochin, or white wyandottes. Also i am getting some black copper marans soon and although i already have a list of people in my area who want some, i would love to start collecting and selling to people on BYC.
    Thanks!
    ~Bri

2. Apprentice_egger

Apprentice_egger Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Morrisville, Vermont
    I'd be interested in the Black Cohin Bantams. Do you have any other Cochins?

3. pax12

pax12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    I need a few for a project

4. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:Nope i just have a black cochin bantam hen but to make sure your chick is still a bantam i can breed her with my OEGB roo if that helps. But remember i cant make any promices on what you will get as i have a lot of bantams and i either have to guess on which hen laid what or so on. These eggs will be great if you want chickens to add to your flock and dont care what they hatch out to be as long as you get chicks.

5. Apprentice_egger

Apprentice_egger Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2009
    Morrisville, Vermont
    What do you have for roos to cross with? Just the OEGB?

6. americana-chick

Jun 18, 2008
    Quote:No a white wyandotte and OEGB/EE. but i am trying to sell my white wyandotte rooster so i can keep my maran roo so i will be having some pure marans and maran crosses.
    Also i just bought some Standard buff and partridge cochins as well. [​IMG]

7. ccrawf

ccrawf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Springfield, Missouri
    Never really thought about it before, but I have fertile eggs if any one is interested. All my roos are Americaunas and several of my hens are also. I also have two Rhode Island Red hens and 2 that I think are barred rocks. 4 of the 5 I just had in the incubator hatched and seem normal. I live in Missouri.
    Hope you don’t think I’m poaching on your post. Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by