1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mighty giant canada goose?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by animals1981, Aug 9, 2011.

1. animals1981

animals1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Toronto
    hey a friend of mine who was loosing goose had pair of giant canadas nest on his property and showed me some pix and video of them brutally attacking mink coons and fox and even almost killing a bald eagle by hitting it in the air and making it fall into the lake

has anyone had experience with these huge geese? he said since they stated hanging around his chickens and ducks been much more safe cause of their extreme predator aggression they also drown and kill any predators that get in the lakes/pond near the house he say swans will do the samething

something new to me was wondering if u guys heard of it? these are the plus size ones that are around 15 pounds so bigger then the normal ones about 3 feet tall i was told domestic geese just do not have the powerful wings and muscle body to fight preators bug big wild canada geese have powerful wings with a special bone in them along with swans and can break a mans leg which makes them good at fighting predators. HE did loose a bunch of chinese and african geese before which couldnt defend themselves. His animals are put away at night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by