Mild rant on how life sometimes sucks. Update, PICS

LegginMF12

Songster
12 Years
May 2, 2011
Yucca Valley
I am starting to hate this month. First, my client who is my second job was hospitalized and I did not work my second job for 4 weeks. Ouch! Second, I have 3, yes count them 3, cars that have tags due in Dec, 2 of which also need a smog check this year. Third, Propane went up again and I just spent $300 for less than half a tank ($3.89/gal). Fourth, one of my student loan payments doubled this month. fifth, I am unexpectedly bringing my horse back home and now need to buy material to build him a shelter and my truck has a blown head gasket. This means I have to buy cubes instead of baled hay for him. 100lbs of cubes $28.00, 95lb bale of alfalfa $17.00. Then to top it all off we hit 25 degrees last night and I came home this morning to a broken pipe that looks to have been leaking for a minimum of 24 hrs. There goes the water bill. TBG leaves for work at 6:30 am and doesn't get home until after dark. I checked the extension cords we have but unfortunately they won't cover the 2 acres to the leak. This means it will have to wait until Friday to be fixed. So right now the water is off and we will be scheduling baths instead of showers and also fill the kitchen sinks to do dishes at the same time. Right now I am going to sit and count my blessings, of which I have many. I will not focus on the negative things. My first blessing for the day. The pug has decided it's to early to get up and is perfectly happy being a foot warmer right now. On that note I am going to go to sleep for at least an hour today.
th.gif

Last edited:
HOLY SMOKES!!!! When it rains, it pours! So sorry you're going through all that.......

Sounds like you are handling things very well! Everybody's gotta rant sometimes!
hugs.gif

lessons we learned early on. Make sure you are prepared for a new horsey before bringing it home. Would have saved us hours of frantic work on building a lean to as well. It will get better, just hang in there. Make sure you get all vehicles in working condition, especially with the horse. You never know when there'll be a surprise visit to the vet and you need to buy special meds. Good luck!

Quote:
Taz has been my faithful ride for almost 17 yrs. I sold off all of my other horses and placed him at friend of mines house. This was done because horses are herd animals and her horse was also alone. This way he had companionship. Do to a sudden unforeseen change in their circumstances I need to get Taz here ASAP. I had no warning. But I must admit, it will be good to have him home! I am riding him home tomorrow. This should be fun, he hasn't been under saddle in over 8 months!

Quote:
Taz has been my faithful ride for almost 17 yrs. I sold off all of my other horses and placed him at friend of mines house. This was done because horses are herd animals and her horse was also alone. This way he had companionship. Do to a sudden unforeseen change in their circumstances I need to get Taz here ASAP. I had no warning. But I must admit, it will be good to have him home! I am riding him home tomorrow. This should be fun, he hasn't been under saddle in over 8 months!

Oh boy is right! I hope all will go well with you. Of course, you know how that goes. Now you need another horse to keep Taz a companion. Then you need one to keep horse #2 a companion while you ride Taz, and if you go and ride two horses….

Just be careful, promise?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom