1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Miley Cyrus + Nifty-Chicken Together = San Francisco Examiner!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

2. Nifty-Chicken

My comment to this great article:

Broderick, what a great read! This is Rob Ludlow, owner of BackYardChickens.com and I totally loved this article. BYC (as our 28,000 members affectionately call it) is growing like crazy! We're even on a mission to get a small flock of egg machines next to the new White House veggie garden. Hey, I'm here in the East SF Bay Area so stop by and we'll introduce you to some hens, chat a bit, then send you on your way with a dozen of the best and freshest eggs you've ever had!

Here's to "A chicken in every pot... er... backyard!"

We totally got to get Miley on here (heck she may already be here) and have her join our cause to get chickens into the White House... well maybe not "in" but at least next to. [​IMG]

3. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Oh Rob, your girls will get a kick out of that!!

Now this leaves me wondering...what breed of chicken was in the movie? Maybe the Obama girls are a fan of Miley, they will beg Daddy for a chicken like hers? [​IMG]

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:good luck with that. [​IMG]
    Wow, wouldn't that be amazing?

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:We totally got to get Miley on here (heck she may already be here) and have her join our cause to get chickens into the White House... well maybe not "in" but at least next to. [​IMG]

I agree!

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Very cool. [​IMG]

7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Awesome! [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hopefully this quote from the article doesn't get two many "newbies" mixed up:

Female chickens hatch unfertile eggs perfectly well without a male chicken strutting the roost.

I didn't know hens could hatch unfertilized eggs. [​IMG]

Other than that, it's an awesome article. I can't wait to see how much BYC grows over the next year with all of this publicity! [​IMG]

9. Nifty-Chicken

There were a few facts and other spelling / grammar problems in the article, but I told her to look past it because it is otherwise a fun article. [​IMG]

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by