Military and ex-military men! Help me decide!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Nov 25, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hey y'all!
    First, thank you for your service to our country. [​IMG]

Can you help me decide which gift to get my Dad for Christmas? He retired from the Navy after twenty years of submarine service, some of which was during WWII.

Choice #1 - Submarine - Hidden Hunter DVD. It profiles the latest class of subs., the Virginia class:

http://store.discovery.com/detail.php?p=84912&v=discovery_dvds-books_subjects_military-police

Choice #2 - The Encyclopedia of Warships, From WWII to the Present Day Book:

http://store.discovery.com/detail.php?p=111075&v=discovery

2. chris_m90731

chris_m90731 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    i'd try something new...the Virginia Class

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] I watched the video clip for that DVD and I did find it interesting. I think Dad would enjoy seeing just how far subs have come.

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

5. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    definately the first one

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Is he more of a reader or someone who enjoys watching TV? Which do you think will last him longer or be more likely to be re-read/re-watched? I think either would make an awesome present.

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:That's the hard part. He would enjoy watching the DVD over and over again and that's what I'm leaning towards. On the other hand, I can picture him showing the book off to his croonies...."look what my daughter sent me...." I wonder too if he would find a boat he knows in the enclycopedia.
    They're not that expensive. I may end up sending both.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by