military disability rating-anyone with recent exp?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by klf73, Apr 22, 2009.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Hi, I have been combing the VA website and can't find a darn thing pertinent to the question I have. My dh got assigned a *temporary* rating for his disability. I was wondering if that is any indicator of what his rating could be? For example.....if it says he is temporarily at 100%, what are the odds it will be less than 50%.
    Dh won't ask, and I am impatient because it could take months for them to go through his stack of medical records. Does anyone have any recent experience in doing this? Any info is appreciated, thanks

2. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    You have to get an appt to speak with your local VA rep IN PERSON.

The website is way too confusing for normal humans.

BTW I've never heared of Temporary disability. But then I don't know EVERYTHING (but I THINK I do...just ask my wife...)

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    yeah, they gave him a temporary percent on the records they had already. He needed to send the rest of the records and fill out some papers before he could get an appointment. I just don't have any patience [​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    The VA operates on one word.....FORFREEKINEVER!!!
    I'll be there next year when I retire.
    I'm in CA bur if you're really in a bind I can contact the VA guys here and let them know you're getting the runnaround. THey MAY be able to do SOMETHING............Or not...

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Hi- this is Dave, Heather's husband. I'm pretty hip on the VA deal as I have been getting benefits for several years and it's a bit tough to work with them sometimes. It would probably be easier to talk on the phone as there are a ton of variables. If you'd like, send your number to Heather and what time to call and I'll try to help you out.

There's not really a "temporary" rating that I know because if it's a temporary problem, the VA will say you're healed next month. Also, it's always best to have your condition as permanent as possible so you can retain benefits. There are a ton of benefits from the Feds, States, Counties, and sometimes a city. You can get paid at the 100% rate even of you're only at 60% or 70%, but that's where I'd have to know more info to help.

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I didn't get the temporary rating either, but the one time dh did call the woman said that rating may become his permanant rating?
    He is in pretty rough shape (though he will never admit) and has TBI(traumatic brain injury)from being blown up (twice) and a couple of parachute accidents gave him a couple more concussions. He also just got his shoulder rebuilt for the 3rd time because the 2nd time(right before he was discharged) was botched by those wonderful military surgeons.
    Geez and that's only part of the list, looks like it may be time to trade him in for a newer model [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by