1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Military flyby

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, May 26, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was out working in the garden a little while ago when suddenly I heard a roar in the sky. I looked up and there were two F16’s coming over the hill. The ridge must have blocked the sound till they were right on top of me. I swear it seemed like they could have brushed the tree tops!!! Must have been going to a memorial day event somewhere.

I’m all for peace, but man, they are impressive. I know I’d be peeing my pants if I was a bad guy and saw those coming. [​IMG]

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I’m all for peace, but man, they are impressive. I know I’d be peeing my pants if I was a bad guy and saw those coming.

[​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I see more flybys on my little mountain than I ever did when I lived for years on military bases! It's just nuts. Sometimes it sounds like they're coming through my livingroom, I swear.

4. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    I also live in an Air Force town and when ever I see those jets fly I have to smile, my heart beats faster they are so cool, and yes I would hate to be the bad guys when those jets are coming after you. They can scare to to death when you don't know they are coming.

5. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    The chickens flatten when something like that happens here. It's not enough for them to be used to that big of a "bird!"

6. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    We're under a flight training path. It always sounds like the world is coming to an end. Wow, they are impressive!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by