Military funeral and a birth all in the same day!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenchickenbulkbulk, Nov 15, 2008.

1. chickenchickenbulkbulk

chickenchickenbulkbulk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OHIO
    My Uncle Ken passed away due to complications. His funeral was on the 13th. He was a WWII veteran..the bag pipes that was played was the prettiest thing I have ever heard. It was a cold, cloudy breezy day. I have to share this..when the men were pulling the casket out of the Hurst..there was a ray of sunshine and the air became so warm. This may sound silly to some ..That was the only time the sun came out that day. We all felt it was a sign from above that Uncle Ken was okay. After the funeral we had to rush to the hospital. My sister's daughter was having her baby. She had a healthy beautiful girl named Makenzie Marie after Uncle Ken. He will be missed and our new addition will be enjoyed!! Just had to share this with my BYC family. DJ

2. RoxyOtis

RoxyOtis Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    Wow so sorry for your loss,but it sounds like he was letting you know he was at peace, and a baby at the end of the day named after her uncle is the frosting on the cake.[​IMG]

3. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure Uncle Ken will be remembered through the life of Makenzie Marie.

4. Ellie_NY_chick

Ellie_NY_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Finger Lakes, NY
    What an cool story - the circle of life. Congrats on the new baby. I hope she keeps her sense of timing!

Your story reminded me of my father's funeral. Like your Uncle Ken, my Dad was a WWII vet. The VFW (fantastic wonderful guys) gave my Dad a military funeral. They even had a bugler - no recording - and had a 21 gun salute. My three cousins, all Marines, looked like they were going to crumble into tears when they were reading off my Dad's medals and commendations. The flag bearer, when he gave my brother the flag from the coffin, tearfully told us what an honor it was to be able to do this for my Dad.

I have that June morning, with the fog rolling along the hillside that faces a big American flag, forever burned in my brain.

Thanks for sharing. My your uncle rest in peace, and may your new niece bring your family all the joy and happiness you deserve.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    My condolances on your loss. Congratulations on your gain. The cycle of life is a blessing.

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Wow! What a blessing the celebration of a life well lived and the start of another!!!!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for letting us be part of it.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow! Mixed blessings but the best so far!

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    military funerals always get me. I always start crying when i hear TAPS.

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    What a special day. I do not think it odd to view that ray of sunlight as a sign...it is good that he has crossed on and with that came new life.

I am sorry for your loss but enjoy your new grand niece.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by