Milk the Muscovy! UPDATE IN POST ONE!!

theOEGBman

Songster
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Central California
Hey Everyone!

I got a Barred Muscovy drake today, and Im in love with him. When I got him home, he ate right out of my hands! Then I took him out in the backyard, and that boy would NOT let me out of his sight! He followed me everywhere! I sat down on the porch, and he came and sat down next to me. I got up and walked to the side of the house to do something, and I turned around to a squeak. Sure enough, he had hopped up and chased me down! He's pretty much the coolest duck in the world! I took 40+ pics of him, but I'll just pick a few! BTW, he got the name Milk because when he hatched, he was completely yellow. His brother was the same, and his name was Butter. He's black barred now too,lol.

Update! My parents suprised me this morning! They told me that instead of moving Milk out to my grandma's, we were moving Sadie here! Some of you know how my parents are, and this is a major suprise! So now Sadie and Milk live in a run on the sideyard! You can see them when we look out the kitchen window. Milk was so excited to see her, her wagged his tail and bobbed his head at her for a good 10 minutes. She just watched him for a couple of minutes and then started preening herself,lol. Im so excited! I'll have to get updated pics in a few minutes.

StocktonShow1-12-08057.jpg

Milk1-12-08035.jpg

Milk1-12-08033.jpg

Milk1-12-08019.jpg

Here he is running as fast as he can to keep up with me!

Milk1-12-08008.jpg

Milk1-12-08003.jpg

Last edited:
You scared me, when i read the topic i thought milk like milk the cow. Not Milk, the muscovy.
lau.gif
How come all the muscovys i see have that ugly red all over thier face and yours doesnt? is it a different strain? I want one now!

Thanks Everyone!

Okie, I really dont know how old he is! I need to ask the lady I got him from.

Thanks, Cyn! They really are awesome ducks, really sweet. I've always wanted a Barred Scovy, so when I saw him for sale, I had to get him.

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

lau.gif
Brooster! I should have put that comma in there,lol. Nope, its because mine is young. He will get the Caruncles when he grows a bit more! I dont think they are ugly!
wink.png

Thanks Critter Crazy!

Angie, Barring only comes in Muscovies. They come in all colors though. Blue and Chocolate Barred Scovies are extremely beautiful. You should check them out on Feathersite!

Back
Top Bottom