Milky duck poop?

keitorin

Songster
Oct 8, 2016
Alabama
My baby ducks are about 3 weeks old and i've noticed one has milky white watery poop, i've never seen this before, is it normal? Their diet consist of; dumor chick starter, and i usually cook them an egg as a bedtime snack, they also get taken outside for a little bit every day, so they will eat grass and mud.

My baby ducks are about 3 weeks old and i've noticed one has milky white watery poop, i've never seen this before, is it normal? Their diet consist of; dumor chick starter, and i usually cook them an egg as a bedtime snack, they also get taken outside for a little bit every day, so they will eat grass and mud.

Do all of it's poops look like that?

i don't think so, i think it's only one, we have two ducks.
Could be the eggs. Or combination of the chick starter and eggs or none of the above. But usually what they eat comes out what they poop.

Are you giving your ducklings any kind of probiotics or niacin supplement?

Could be the eggs.  Or combination of the chick starter and eggs or none of the above.  But usually what they eat comes out what they poop. 

Are you giving your ducklings any kind of probiotics or niacin supplement?

No i currently am not, i should get some, useally their poops are brown and water, no white, they are my babies and i'm just worried,

No i currently am not, i should get some, useally their poops are brown and water, no white, they are my babies and i'm just worried,
@keitorin Water fowl need alot more niacin than what is in Chick starter so to be safe and make sure they have strong legs I'd get them started on some Nutritional yeast or Brewers yeast [not baking yeast] 1 Tab per cup of feed till they are 10 weeks old. That is when they are growing the fastest.

If they are eating egg white than that could be the culprit. What my ducks and poultry eats always shows up in their poop and as long as it doesn't have blood in it I just think back to what they had been eating previously.

It's good to be concerned but if they are acting okay in every other way it is probably nothing to be concerned about You can also buy probiotics that are made for poultry look in your feed store or TSC

Back
Top Bottom