Mille Bantam Cochin Project Pair - Central Texas

hipeatall

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
I have an adorable little Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin Project pair that is looking for a new home.
I am really wanting to find someone that will use them in a breeding program to make more of these lovely sweet birds.
They hatched from eggs purchased from byc member OnTheSpot (Patty Carson)... so they are a product of her hard work on this project color.
They hatched out on April 10th, so they are just about 6 months old now and the pullet should start laying any day now
smile.png
I've included some pictures below that were taken a little while back... I am happy to take more pictures for anyone that is seriously interested in purchasing them.
They have been fed an organic diet since hatch and both have very sweet dispositions.
Amy
24088_millies072510turtle.jpg

24088_millies072510bunny.jpg

I really would prefer pick up (I am in Dripping Springs, TX about 30 minutes from downtown Austin, TX)... but I will ship if necessary to find these guys a great home. I have never shipped live birds... but, I have had so many requests to ship these guys that I went ahead and looked into it... and, in case you didn't already know this, shipping live birds is not cheap... oh my!
The very best price I was able to find on a Horizon Shipping Box (with the legally-required bio-filters) was $9.75 + $6.95 S&H ($16.70 total) from Crazy K Farm Store online. Plus, the birds will need to be sent via Express Mail as this is the only method allowed for shipping live adult birds. The actual Express Mail shipping price varies in the $35 to $55 range depending on the buyers location. So the $60.00 above is just an estimate, the buyer will be responsible for the actual costs. Some examples of actual shipping costs... Mooresville, Indiana $48.35 (plus $16.70 for the box)... Petersburg, Texas $37.00 (plus $16.70 for the box). Please email me with your zip if you think you want to bid on them and I will send you a quote for shipping them to you. I will not make any money at all on shipping these birds... I will only charge what it cost for me to purchase the box $16.70 plus the amount the post office charges me to ship them to you.
smile.png

Quote:
Hi Tamie! Thanks for your interest... I will send you a quote right now
smile.png
Amy

When the box I ordered to ship these guys comes in (hopefully today!) I will be able to weigh the chickens, box, bedding, etc and I can get a "real" shipping estimate... I'm currently using 7lbs to figure the shipping costs and I think that the real weight will be lower (well, I'm hoping anyway!).

Last edited:
Quote:
I just checked and it is $49.10 (plus $16.70 for the box) to ship to 55040. I should get my shipping box tomorrow and I will be able to get a weight once I have it... I'm using 7lbs for my estimate, but I think (hope!) the actual weight will be less.
smile.png
Amy

Quote:
I just checked and it is $48.35 (plus $16.70 for the box) to ship to 55040. Please note that I am using 7lbs for my estimate... I really do think (hope!) the actual weight will be less. Thanks for your interest in my Millies
smile.png
Amy

Update! My shipping box finally arrived in the mail this afternoon... I will weigh it tomorrow and will be able to give a better quote on shipping.
smile.png

I just weighed the box loaded up with the chickens and I got 6.5lbs... so, sadly, it looks like the prices I quoted are accurate.
Thanks for being so patient with me on this. Amy
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom