Mille Cochin project pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Msbear, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I'll post more pics tomorrow. The roo is just about a year old and has a nice, mottled chest, rust saddle and rust in his wings. He has dark hackles but has many white-tipped feathers on saddle and hackle and on every tail feather. The pullet is about 8 months. She has a lot of white but has a cute little type.. just like her buff columbian/mille cross momma. I believe these two will compliment eachother.

I was thinking of keeping them but must make some room for a gorgeous trio Im expecting from Lynne in the Spring! so a roo has got to go.

I may not be able ti ship for a while if buyer is north of WV. And we'll have to keep an eye on the weather for a good 2 day window for shipping south.

Pick up would be great.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is a mlle/buff columbian cross hatched from Lynne's eggs. She is the mother of the pullet. She has great little type and I believe this pullet will look much like her once she is filled out.
    [​IMG]
    and this is the father of the pullet so this pair is of the same line but not directly related
    [​IMG]

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I also have a young trio for sale $25 They are only 3 months so I think these are just local pick-up
    [​IMG]
    1 pullet resembles her buff columbian cross momma and the other looks a bit off but should produce mf looking babies.
    [​IMG]
    the cockerel looks much like his dad (the rooster in the auction)

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    They are beautiful! I really love that pullet she has amazing coloring. Wish I didn't promise myself just to have one breed and a few extra pullets.

5. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I would love to have these (all of them!) if you were only a bit closer. Don't want to ship but can't make a 16 hour drive (round trip). Argh.

Anyone coming down this way at all? Chicken railroad? [​IMG]

6. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    [​IMG]

7. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    sale pending. Thanks, everyone for your interest. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by