Mille Fleur bantam Cochins-Bonus! Read post on pg 2!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WestKnollAmy, Jan 6, 2011.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    This is for 12+ MFC project eggs. I say project because I am still working on pattern and am concentrating a good bit on type. Chicks hatch out many different colors but as you can see below and on my website they grow into some gorgeous birds.

I have 4 pens with trios or quads laying well and 2 more giving me occasional eggs but will try to send eggs from all pens for a nice variety of genetics and patterns.

Here is a link to my page of Mille Fleur bantam Cochins.
    http://www.westknollfarm.com/Mille-Fleur-Cochins.html

I will try to add more photos here of the breeding pens and who is in with whom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2011
  2. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Here are some of the pens I am getting eggs from right now. You see the offspring in the photos above and on my website. these same breeding pens have been together for several months.

Bantyman and his 2 hens that are MF/Mottled.
    [​IMG]

Dan the Man and his 2 MF ladies. The glare caught that one girl, she is not white.
    [​IMG]

Schmoozle and his 4 MFC girls. Schmoozle's breeding and parents are on my website.
    [​IMG]

Wizard with his flock of 3. One lady is in the nest box so you can't see her.
    [​IMG]

Xavier and the 4 hens in with him. The 2 light colored ones have only recently been added and I have not hatched from them yet. They are Wizard daughters. The 2 dark ones are Schmoozle's sisters.
    [​IMG]

The other pen was dust bathing and I could not get any good shots but they haven't laid in over a week so I may not get any eggs form them for a while.

3. Dixieangeln

Dixieangeln Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    NC/VA line
    I LIKE the hens with no black-- just buff/white-- they are so purdy!!! [​IMG]

4. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Those will be more for my Calico breeding project later on. Right now I am using them to get more diversity in my MF flock, just have to add those black chevrons. I will probably have a Calico flock later on in the fall and in 2012 work on hatching just Calico chicks and have MFCs, too.
    I, too, am partial to the Calicos. Just like little groups of flowers!

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Are you NPIP? [​IMG]

6. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    You may get those calico from her eggs.This is one of her chicks from our New Years hatch...it was just a wee bit afraid of the big camera It should feather in calico
    [​IMG]
    your tempting me...I don't need temptation

7. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Holly, totally adorable! I wish you had gotten more from that hatch along with more Frizzles.

Nope, not NPIP and never will be. All my birds test clean but I won't go along with the mandates for getting a number.

8. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    what are the mandates? i am not NPIP either but i am wondering what specifically they ask of you.

9. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Quote:ya know, if I am on the right track here is is all about "men in suits' making the $$ on working people's backs. Really sad............but just my humble opinion...............

10. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Quote:ya know, if I am on the right track here is is all about "men in suits' making the $$ on working people's backs. Really sad............but just my humble opinion...............

Huh?? Not sure what you mean? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by