Mille fleur de'uccle

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mulelover1999, Dec 1, 2012.

1. mulelover1999

mulelover1999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2012
    Any body know anything about this breed I am think about possibly getting some. Are these birds show able?!

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

I had two hens and a cock, but both hens were swiped by airborne predators. I still have the cock and he is about the cutest, sweetest thing you ever did see. And yes, they're shown (not by me but I've seen lots of posts on the d'Uccle thread by people who do).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    YES, my girl took Best of Breed and Best of Variety in November. they are very sweet birds. I have 3 pens of them and one pen of Marans/d'Uccle

4. mulelover1999

Aug 13, 2012
    How much do they cost? I saw a couple on ksl and they were different but beautiful and someday I would like to have some and show them. What all do you need to do to show ( as far as getting the birds ready)

5. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    First you want your bird to be of ABA standards. You can look that up here . My birds are not laying real good right now I have a lot of pullets that have not started laying yet. You can see my birds in signature.
    I will however be selling eggs in January, everyone should be laying and I will have hatched out a few by then. I don't know where you are located. I have sold chicks before, but won't be doing that until spring. You will love these birds they are sweet and friendly and don't mind confinement unless they are over-crowded even by one.

6. mulelover1999

Aug 13, 2012
    I am located in Utah and would love to get birds from an experienced breeder instead of off ksl.

7. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    If they allow you to see the birds it would be okay. But you really don't know what you are getting. Shows are another way to get them, if there is a poultry show in your area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by