Mille Fleur D'Uccle Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sherriekim, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    The girls are finally getting serious about laying! [​IMG] 6+ for $18.00 or 12+ for $25.00 and that includes shipping.

Picture of the roo....
    [​IMG]

Picture of one of the hens....
    [​IMG]

Paypal to [email protected] and pelase send me an email or pm to confirm shipping info and any any special instructions for mailing, ie.... Please hold at PO, number for pick up, etc...

Thanks,
    Kim

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. jefra

jefra Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2007
    Utah Valley
    gol - beautiful birds! do they have the feathered feet? I know nothing about hatching eggs - only familiar with chicks, but these are lovely.

3. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Out of all the eggs you sent me, I have one d'uccle chick. She is under a broody hen, I swapped out with her and she took the baby. So far so good. I have never had a d'uccle but she sure is cute. I am saying 'she" in hopes that it will be. If I only have one, it needs to be a she. How soon can you tell the difference? Thanks. Hope you get a buyer..

Marie

4. Sherriekim

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Marie, none of the silkie made it either? I thought they were doing good. Oh, I'm so sorry! [​IMG] The Seramas are a bear to hatch, I can get them to develop so nicely right up to about day 14 and then at some point after that, I lose so many, very fustrating! I've gotten much better luck than that hatching the Mille's here than you did. Let me know when you have room in the your incubator and I will send more eggs. BTW, I can usually get a pretty good idea at about six weeks who's a roo and who's a hen, but I have been wrong before. [​IMG]

Jefra, yes, the D'Uccles have feather-footing, alot! I have one little pullet that looks like she has feathered paddles for feet! The D'Uccles are one of my favorite breeds. [​IMG]

5. Double-T-Family-Farm

Double-T-Family-Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Midwest, Wisconsin
    them are some real nice looking mille fleur's [​IMG] do you show them at all? we also raise mille's but the havent been laying for us that well. we got like 4 eggs all winter [​IMG] and put them in the incubator and only hatched out 2 and out heat lamp burnt out so they died.. oops hopefully they start laying soon.. what color cochins your have (bantams)? i had a pair of black's but my hen died this winter... i am trying to get some chcks but im not having very good luck [​IMG] hope you find a buyer..
    -Matt

6. Sherriekim

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Double-T, thanks for the nice comments about my Mille's. I've never shown them, but I've been giving it some thought. My Mille's didn't lay at all during the winter and it has only been over the last few weeks that they have really got going this season, the stinkers! [​IMG] I just hatched out a couple of their first eggs of the season, the chicks are about three weeks now, I sold all but one that I just really liked. Now that is a problem, I keep to many I hatch out just bacause I really like them! [​IMG] Sorry to hear about your chicks, I'm always worried the light will burn out.

As far as the bantam cochins, I have a mixed flock, color wise... Black, white, blue, red, gold-laced, silver pencil and a couple of the hens are frizzle as well. Wish you were closer, all my girls are broody and I have banty cochin chicks popping out all over the place right now, you could pick and chose. If you ever want some banty cochins eggs, I will sale them for $20 for 12+ with shipping included in that price. [​IMG] Editing to add.... I'm always willing to trade eggs, too, if you are ever interested.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Who did you origininally get your Mille Fleurs from?

8. Sherriekim

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Wegotchickens, my Mille's, with the exception of one pullet, came from local people who were raising them. The roo and two of the hens came from Trish out of Oreana, Idaho, my other two hens came from Kristen out of Meridian, Idaho who had got her original stock from eggs she had shipped from a private individual "back east" and the pullet came from Ideal. Don't know if that really helps much, but that is all the info I have regarding their background. [​IMG]

9. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Sherriekim,

My mille fleur eggs arrived today! [​IMG]

You did an AWESOME job on packing and thank you for the extras! [​IMG] VERY PROFESSIONAL!

I am so EXCITED!

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Thanks for the info SherrieKim! I had already ordered some Millie eggs from some one else, but know I would like to hatch more in another month or so to take to my sis. If you still have some early June, that is...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by