4 Chicks Down, All Done! Mystery Hatch-A-Long! Hatch Date 9/3/21 and today apparently

Pics

topochico225

Enthusiasm Enthusiast
Dec 27, 2020
Deep South
Hey hey hey!

Chicken math has struck again.

While I legally can't have any more chickens (I'm already 2 chickens over), my friend is asking me to incubate 12 Mille Fleur d'Uccle eggs for her! I adore incubating, and the d'Uccles are so much fun to hatch. She gave me 12 for a Bio project earlier this spring, and I kept the two pullets from that hatch. They'll be at POL soon!

She's giving me a dozen eggs in a few days. I'll be incubating them in my Brinsea Mini II Advance. I hope y'all will join along!

Yay! I’ve never hatched eggs in an incubator but I have one and might try next year! I’m still deciding what breed and if I should do ducks or chickens. What do you guys think? Are ducks harder? Should I try duck eggs for my first hatch or should I do chicken eggs?

Yay! I’ve never hatched eggs in an incubator but I have one and might try next year! I’m still deciding what breed and if I should do ducks or chickens. What do you guys think? Are ducks harder? Should I try duck eggs for my first hatch or should I do chicken eggs?
Ducks take longer to hatch than chickens. I'd do chicken eggs for my first hatch, they're so much fun and they don't need water to swim in!

I almost forgot to start up the incubator last night! Temp and humidity are good. My friend had 8 eggs yesterday, so I'll probably be getting them today or tomorrow.

Okay, she's delivering 10 eggs tomorrow morning. We've had heat advisories for the past week, so her hens aren't laying a lot. I don't want to take any chances with the fertility of the older eggs decreasing, so full steam ahead with 10!

Wow, I'm great at remembering to update this thread.

Today is day 2 of incubation! I'm about to go candle.
20210730_102137.jpg
20210730_102134.jpg

20210730_102144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom