Mille Fleur Leghorn from Sandhill

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NEK38583, Jan 8, 2009.

1. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    I am planing on ordering some mille fleur leghorns from Sandhill has any body got any pics of what they look like. I really like the mille Fleur color. I have the d'uccles and old english. I have mille fluer cochin eggs coming in the spring. I am wanting some of these. I was wondering anybody had some pics. And knew how they was in cold weather, and how there personalty is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-Thanks

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Wow! This is interesting, I did not know something like Millie Leghorn exist, Sandhill really has them.

Hope somebody posts a picture, I may want them too. LOL

3. NEK38583

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Quote:I was shocked to when I got there cataloge and I seen them. They did not have any pics in it. I am a little obssesed with mille Fleur anything. I really want to get some. I hope someone will post something about them.

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey Sparta! Howdy neighbor!

I also love the whole mille fleur/spangled/speckled/Jubilee family of patterns. As you can tell by the breeds in my sig lines. [​IMG]

I'm getting some exchequer leghorns in the spring. Not quite the same as mille fleur, but speckledy in their own way. I also just hatched my first batch of mille fleur bantam cochins yesterday!

We should keep in touch. If you breed your mf leghorns, we might want to swap mf leghorns for mf cochins some day! [​IMG]

5. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    I planed to order from Sandhill in the past, but never got to it, they are difficult to communicate with, you have to wait for your birds in line, and never know if they will fill your order in a season.

Also there are mixed opinions as to quality of some of their breeds.

But I am puzzled with those Millie Leghorns and if I see picture of them I may finally take a plunge.

6. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  7. NEK38583

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Thanks for letting me know. I will email them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by