1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mille Fleur Leghorns - Image/picture anyone?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NapsWithChickens, Mar 2, 2009.

1. NapsWithChickens

NapsWithChickens ZZZZzzzzz....

Feb 22, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I couldn't help myself! [​IMG] I have ordered 25 straight run mille fleur leghorns from Sand Hill Preservation!!! Yippee! [​IMG]

But I can't find a picture of one anywhere! I know what a mille fleur d'Uccle bantam is (and have had them)... but I wanna see a leghorn millie!!!

Anyone know? [​IMG]

2. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I am very interested in seeing them too. I have been seriuosly thinking about geting the leghorns but cant find a pic anywhere either. Hope someone has one.

3. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I considered ordering some last year, but I couldn't find a pic, either. Please post pics when you can--I'd love to see them.

I think you will really have something there! If you'd consider selling a pullet, let me know!

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh, I can't find a pic anywhere! You are gonna have to show us and the rest of the chicken world. [​IMG]

5. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I'm crossing fingers for both of us. I have a few on order too! [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I wish they would put some pictures up of their breeds on their website.

7. NapsWithChickens

Feb 22, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    You, too, amazondoc? Cool! Have you seen a photo anywhere? What is your shipping date? If you get yours before I get mine, will you post photos please????

I have an order in for 25 straight run day old chicks. I'm supposed to get them in late April... but the folks at Sand Hill march to the beat of a different drummer, so that date may be wiggly. There's NO way I want that many chicks... honestly the most pullets I can handle would be four. This was the only way I knew how to get them.

So, yes, I will be selling the chicks I don't want/can't keep... I'll just charge whatever I'm paying per chick. I will be sure to post photos - as chicks, cockerels/pullets, hens and roosters.

I'm just dying to see one of these birds!

8. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I think mine won't come til June or July. I'm piggybacking on somebody else's Sandhill order, so I don't have all the details.

I *think* I saw some photos several months ago, but I don't know where they were. If I come across them again, I'll post it here!

9. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are mine. Hatched Nov. 7 08.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. NapsWithChickens

Feb 22, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    [​IMG]

I LOVE THEM!!!!!! They're gorgeous! How old are they and are they all pullets? Did you get them straight run? How difficult was it to sex them? When were you able to tell them apart? Have they started to lay yet? White eggs... right?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by