Mille Fleur OEG/D'uccle? Booted Bantam? Lemon?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NellaBean, Jul 20, 2010.

1. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I bought a pair of "teenage" bantams at a swap this weekend. or rather, traded one of my cochin pairs for them. I assumed D'uccle but didn't pay close attention.....looking closer, both the hen and roo have NO beards whatsoever, but normal foot feathers for a D'uccle. They are lightly built and closely feathered.....like an OEG would be. But they are a mille fleur pattern. The hen is very light and overly marked, almost like a lemon color. I also traded for a mille fleur d'uccle pair, who is "correct" looking.....and an OEG pair that is a light wheaten type color.....so good comparisons on body size/type/feathering.

Any idea what they may be? I looked at pix of booted bantams online, but they dont' have the "close" feathering like these birds do. They just look like a d'uccle without a beard. My birds look like OEG with heavy foot feathers.

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but I don't have any yet.

Any ideas?

2. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

try to get us a pic and we will give it a guess![​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    She reminds me of an OEGB with feathered legs? I know that doesn't exist.....

[​IMG]

She is the one on the right....ones on the left are actual mille fleur d'uccles.

[​IMG]

4. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    Quote:mille cochin project bird ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by