Mille Fleur OEGB Breeders - I need your opinions! (PICS)

peepsnbunnies

Songster
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Central Florida
I have these 4 Mille Fleur OEGB cockerals and I like these little guys so much I am considering keeping at least one and possibly starting a breeding/showing program. These were hatched in early March. For showing purposes, which one looks to have better markings. I know they will have to be dubbed, I have never done that before and am looking for someone to teach me.
(I am kinda dreading that part)

SunshineSilkies

Songster
11 Years
Jan 10, 2009
Florida
I don't know if Mille OEG ae the same as the Mille bantams, but with my Mille bantams, their color gets better as they mature. Yours have good colors for being just 3 mo old. I like the white on the tips of the tails. My husband dubs all of our OE. It's a touchy subject with some people, so I won't get into that except to say that OE are easy to do. You might as well try it, couldn't be any harder than silkies!! LOL

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
I'm no expert, but I would keep #3. His tail is still coming in, but he's shaped nicely and has white tips on his tail. His color is looking pretty good, too.

The one I would definitely get rid of would be #2. He just has too much black on him for my taste.

peepsnbunnies

Songster
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Central Florida
Thanks for the replies! This is the first time I have had OEGB and I have to say they are just sweetest, friendliest little guys. I really have enjoyed them.

Top Bottom