1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Mille Fleur roos

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JDH, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JDH

JDH In the Brooder

Jun 19, 2007
    So, having my first mille fleur be a roo, I was wondering if they mature quickly as mine seems to have done. He's 3 months old and has been crowing since he was 7 weeks old. He's beauitful but stand-offish. Does not like to be caught and sounds like a monkey whilst one is trying to catch him. Once caught, he's fine. He''ll eat out of your hand but just has an air about him that he's special. I find him beautiful. He is never in a hurry and if he was human he'd be of royal descent, very property dressed and quite "formal" in his attire and mannerism.

2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I have Porcelain OEGB roo in with my mille fluer OEGB ladies. He started crowing at 7 weeks or so and at 14 weeks looks completely matures, just smaller. Long tail feathers, big comb, prances around. I almost placed him because i didnt want a roo, but now Im attached. His big attitude in his tiny body is to cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: